Tate, GA – Vetrazzo©, a division of Polycor, Inc., returns to KBIS this year, the premier kitchen and bath industry event held in Las Vegas. Visitors to booth #N152 will see a variety of products from Polycor, the largest and most diversified granite and marble group in North America, as well as Vetrazzo, its recycled glass division.
• Polycor Products — Polycor, Inc., Vetrazzo’s parent company, will debut its new soapstone product offering, the result of a recent aquisition of the Alberene Soapstone Company in Schulyer, VA. With this investment and acquisition, Polycor brings American Soapstone back to the North American market. Soapstone offers an elegant and sophisticated choice for interior-design elements including countertops, tiling, and radiant flooring. It is also primed for exterior applications such as patios and pool surrounds. In addition to boasting aesthetic qualities, soapstone’s technical properties make it an ideal specification for these applications. These properties include impenetrability, bacteria resistance, and outstanding thermal properties.
• Vetrazzo Introductions — Vetrazzo recycled glass surfaces will also be on exhibit in the booth. Comprising 100% recycled glass from sources such as beer bottles and jars, Vetrazzo products are available in 26 colorations. New to the Vetrazzo offering is the Coastal Collection in Amethystos, Bretagne Blue, Emerald Coast and Umbo White.
• New Brand– Pierre Habitat, a new Polycor brand, will be introduced at KBIS 2014. This artisanal collection of door knobs and pulls is created by reusing scrap material from the manufacturing processes of Vetrazzo and Polycor products. Ten designs will be available in eight metal finishes. Designs will be available in the 26 Vetrazzo colors as well as in five white marble, two black limestone and four Canadian granite looks. Polycor will also custom manufacture Pierre Habitat hardware pieces from sink cut-outs provided by the customer.
“At Polycor Vetrazzo, we aim to mitigate the inherent impact of product manufacturing on the environment and our local communities,” says Chad Rosen, Vice President Sales, Polycor Vetrazzo. “We can show that re-using and recycling manufactured materials not only benefits our world, but also results in beautiful, functional surfaces and accessories.”
• Best of KBIS — Pierre Habitat is entered into the Best of KBIS 2014, the annual competition that showcases the best of the kitchen and bath industry. Winners of Best of KBIS are selected based on functionality, quality/durability, flexibility, aesthetics/style and innovation. Pierre Habitat will be on the display wall in the Best of KBIS booth. The competition will be judged by Modenus BlogTour participants.
• Habitat for Humanity – Show attendees, media and fellow exhibitors can stop by booth N#152 to get their free gift – a bottle of wine — in support of Vetrazzo’s ongoing partnership with Habitat for Humanity. The partnership has resulted in a recycling program that collects glass at tradeshows and other events to create custom building materials.The finished materials are then donated to individual local Habitat chapters. Show attendees are encouraged to enjoy the wine and then bring the empty bottles back by the end of the show. All bottles collected will be turned into a beautiful 9’ x 5’ slab of 100% recycled material and donated to the Las Vegas chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
Vetrazzo® is a recycled glass surface comprised of 100% recycled glass. From architectural to art glass, to beer bottles and jars, each surface mix is a signature blend of color and life that tells a story. Vetrazzo® was invented by a passionate glass scientist in 1996 in Berkeley, California – back when “green” was just a color. In 2010, Vetrazzo was acquired by Polycor Inc, the largest and most diversified fully-integrated granite and marble group in North America. Vetrazzo is manufactured at Polycor’s Georgia Marble plant in Tate, Georgia. Visit www.vetrazzo.com for more information.
Polycor Inc. is the most diversified and largest fully-integrated granite and marble group in North America, providing natural stone solutions since 1987. As the owner of over 25 quarries and five fabrication plants, it produces 1.5 million cubic feet of rough blocks per year. Its products are taken from quarries to slabs, tiles, mosaic, architectural stone, curbs and landscaping products. Polycor’s mission is to promote natural stone of North America by enhancing architectural, commercial projects as well as residential spaces. Visit www.polycor.com for more information.