Italian Appliance Manufacturer Will Reveal Advances to Portofino Portfolio, Induction Cooktops, Luxury Refrigeration and More
NEW YORK, NY – JANUARY 2023 – Leading family-owned-and-operated appliance manufacturer SMEG, known for their Italian heritage, classic style, and advanced technology, will showcase a variety of new offerings and collection updates at the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Las Vegas, Nevada, from January 31st to February 2nd (Booth #W3328).
Renowned for manufacturing beautiful kitchen products, SMEG’s selection is crafted from quality materials and features state of the art upgrades to functionality and design to fit the expectations and demands of today’s consumer. Product line updates and launches include:
• Next Generation: An evolution of the existing Portofino portfolio, the line will be available in all-gas, dual-fuel and induction iterations. Functionality and design elements include a new display with enhanced capabilities, self-cleaning oven, renewed 30” oven cavity and electronic temperature regulation. The ranges will be available in 30” and 36” varieties and stainless steel, matte black, red and white colorways. Market launch anticipated in Q4 2023.
• 24” SPR Induction Range: Given the continuation of trends surrounding induction cooking and small space living, SMEG will round out the current Professional Series with a 24” induction model. Unique to this unit will be a sleek touch cooktop display for easy operation and a beveled edge to allow for flush installation. The product will also feature a meat probe that guarantees the best cooking results and detects the exact temperature within cooked food, along with automatic pot recognition.
Cooktops and Ventilation
• Built-In Induction Cooktop Line: Designed to support flush installations, this cooktop contains one to three multi-zones depending on size, along with twelve power levels and up to 3.7 kW power to offer maximum versatility. Additional features include automatic pot recognition, Schott glass to withstand high-temperature differences and LED controls. The cooktops are available in 24”, 30” and 36” widths.
• Professional Under-Cabinet Ventilation Line: Manufactured to pair with the Professional Induction line, the Under-Cabinet Ventilation embraces the latest cooking trends and touts a modern aesthetic, along with advanced capabilities including a 24-hour refresh function to filter the air at home, three speed levels and a digital touch display.
• Under-Counter: Designed to hold 38 bottles for maximum storage, the under-counter wine cooler contains five shelf positions, an inner touch display, clean outside finish, integrated charcoal filter, and LED internal lighting.
• Compact: Similar in features and design to the under-counter offering, the compact wine cooler has a storage capacity of 21 bottles. The compact wine cooler will also be hinge reversible to offer maximum versatility.
• 18” Freezer Column, 30” Refrigerator Column, 30” & 36” Bottom Mount-Refrigerator: SMEG’s premium, luxury segment of cooling, the new lineup is manufactured with built-to-last aluminum and a glass interior. Additional capabilities include a TFT display offering intuitive and precise temperature control, a bottom-mount compressor for sleek design and soft-closing door and drawers in all compartments for ease of operation. Unique to the 18” freezer column will be an ice maker that allows users to customize the shape and dimension of ice cubes, while the combi-refrigerator features an automatic ice maker and two independently regulated temperature zones that can be turned into full-refrigerator mode by activating the multizone function.
• Retro Refrigerator FAB50: Standing over six feet tall and more than two feet wide, FAB50 is the largest refrigerator in the retro series to date and will be available in a variety of SMEG’s most popular colors. The Energy Star® certified product offers several high-tech features, including an automatic ice maker and integrated ionizer, LED internal lighting and an LED display.
Nettuno Culinary Line
• Nettuno will be a new sleek and elegant finish on all products in the line, including a speed oven, steam oven, 30” trim kit, 24” and 30” warming drawers, 24” convection oven, 30” self-cleaning oven, built-in coffee system and select wine coolers.
• Peanuts FAB10: Available at authorized SMEG dealers nationwide now, the launch comes two years after the success of the limited-edition refrigerator that celebrated the 70th anniversary of Peanuts. For the second time, the Peanuts characters, beloved around the world by adults and children alike and known for their indelible mark on popular culture, are the primary feature of SMEG’s iconic FAB refrigerator, an emblem of style and design.
• Veuve Clicquot: Features two uniquely customized versions of SMEG’s retro-inspired FAB10 and FAB28 in Veuve Clicquot’s signature yellow hue that embodies the spirit of both brands. The Veuve Clicquot models are currently exclusive to Williams Sonoma and Neiman Marcus.
Company representatives will be on-site to share information on recent advancements, technology, and signature designs. Attendees looking to schedule an appointment, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
“We are thrilled to return to KBIS this year to showcase our latest innovations,” states Paul McCormack, SMEG USA’s National Sales and Marketing Director. “We continue to keep a pulse on the latest consumer trends to deliver state of the art designs and technologies across our lineup of large appliances, and look forward to debuting the developments within the industry.”
For more information on SMEG, please visit www.smegusa.com
Established in 1948, SMEG, whose name is an acronym for “Smalterie Metallurgiche Emiliane Guastalla,” roughly translated as “Metal Enameling, Guastalla, Emilia,” remains a proudly-Italian and family-owned-and-operated company. Renowned the world-over for creating beautiful kitchen products that combine technology and style, SMEG makes kitchen appliances that are high-performing, packed with useful features, and crafted from quality materials. For more information, visit www.smegusa.com. Customers and trade professionals are invited to engage with SMEG on Facebook and Instagram.