The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) and the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) have awarded Samantha Emmerling, Market Editor for the Hearst Design Group, with its first ever, KBIS Outstanding Media Award. The award was presented on April 19, 2013, in New Orleans at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, home of KBIS 2013.
“As you know, not only is our industry comprised of amazing and talented designers, remodelers, architects and manufacturers, but we are fortunate to work alongside many talented editors, bloggers and television and radio hosts who have a passion for design,” stated Jim Scott, Managing Director for the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS). “This relationship is instrumental to convey messages and promote the industry through trend reports, new product introductions, installations and business news. To honor this relationship, KBIS and the NKBA created the Outstanding Media Award.”
In her newly expanded role with the Hearst Design Group, Samantha Emmerling is a market editor overseeing kitchen and bath coverage for ELLE DECOR, HOUSE BEAUTIFUL and VERANDA. She has played a key role in HOUSE BEAUTIFUL’s acclaimed, annual Kitchen of the Year in Rockefeller Plaza since the project’s launch in 2008, overseeing coverage of must-see dream kitchens created by Ina Garten, Tyler Florence, Jeff Lewis, Christopher Peacock, and Mick De Giulio. Samantha began her career at Hearst as an assistant editor at HOUSE BEAUTIFUL in 2003. She was promoted to associate editor of the magazine in 2005, and was named senior editor in 2007, a position she held until 2012, when she began her current, expanded role with Hearst’s three shelter titles. Prior to Hearst, Samantha was a producer at VH1 Music Television and a public relations executive. Samantha is a graduate of Columbia University.
Congratulations to all of this year’s nominees for their excellence and achievement in their fields.
2013 KBIS Outstanding Media Award Nominees
- Amy Elbert, Senior Architecture Editor, Traditional Home
- Samantha Hart, Editor in Chief – Better Homes & Gardens SIP Kitchen and Bath Ideas and Beautiful Kitchens and Baths
- Janice Costa – Editor, Kitchen & Bath Design News (KBDN)
- Kitchen & Bath Business (KBB)
- Moe Lastfogel, Director of Sales and Marketing – Retail Observer
- Samantha Emmerling – Senior Editor, Hearst Design Group (House Beautiful, Veranda and Elle Décor)
- Leslie Clagett – Founder, KB Culture
- Margot Austin – Senior Design Editor, Canadian House & Home
- Elizabeth Pagliacolo – Senior Editor, Azure
- Colette Scanlon Ortiz– Design Editor, This Old House
- Jeff Devlin – Host, HGTV/DIY Network
- Teresa and Mark Clement – Hosts, My Fix it Up Life