Keys to the Discovery District Terms
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY; METHOD TO ENTER; SUBMISSION GUIDELINES. The Key to the Discovery District Contest (the “Sweepstakes”) is offered to all qualified KBIS 2019 attendees, who, as of February 19th, 2019 can enter the contest by following a set of clues and finding a ‘key’ in the Discovery District in the South Hall of the KBIS 2019 show floor in Las Vegas, Florida. To be eligible to win and claim the prize, the entrant must watch for clues on the location of the ‘key’ on the KBIS app and Twitter each day of the show. No KBIS 2019 attendee who has previously won a “Key to the Discovery District” prize is eligible to win. The entrant who finds the hidden ‘key’ first must bring the ‘key’ to the Discovery District Lounge and connect with a member of the KBIS social media team to claim his or her prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of KBIS or Flying Camel Advertising. No entry fee, payment, or proof of purchase is required to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees, officers and directors, including members of their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, or spouse of each of the foregoing) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether such individuals are related or not) of Emerald Expositions, LLC, 31910 Del Obispo, Suite 200, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675 (the “Sponsor”) or its affiliates or advertising and promotion agencies, are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited. By participating, the entrant agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.Participating in the promotion on the show floor during the Contest Period constitutes acknowledgement of and consent to these Official Rules. By entering this contest (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), entrant understands and agrees that KBIS, anyone acting on behalf of KBIS, and licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed.
2. START AND END DATES. The Sweepstakes begins 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on February 19, 2019, and ends 2:00 p.m. PT on February 21, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes” Period”), and Entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period. Those who do not abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor will be disqualified.
3. DRAWING. Three winners will be awarded by the Sponsor from among all eligible attendees during the Sweepstakes Period. One winner will be awarded for each day of the show: February 19, 20, and 21st. Sponsor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise nonfunctioning contact information. If a prize is not claimed within 4 hours from the time the contest clues are posted via the KBIS application, the prize may be forfeited.
4. DESCRIPTION AND VALUE OF THE PRIZE; ODDS OF WINNING. Sponsor will provide the Sweepstakes winners each (1) $100 USD prepaid Visa gift card. No substitution, cash alternative or assignment of a prize is permitted except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible attendees participating daily. All taxes, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner.
5. TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Where permitted by law, the winner grants (and agrees to confirm said grant in writing upon the request of the Sponsor) to Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to Sponsor’s direction or control, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the Internet, at any time or times, the winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration and without notice, review or approval. Further, winner will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, a Publicity Release (where lawful), and provide evidence of identity and age with a valid state or federally issued identification (i.e. driver’s license or passport), all within fourteen (14) days of prize notification. If said documents are not returned timely, or if prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found not to have complied with these Official Rules, declines the prize for any reason, or is ineligible for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to an alternate winner selected at random. By participating, participants release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons (including, without limitation, death) or property, arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this Sweepstakes, or any Sweepstakes-related activity. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN THE EVENT THAT THE PRECEDING RELEASE IS DETERMINED BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE INVALID OR VOID FOR ANY REASON, THE PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT, BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, (I) ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (II) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
6. GOVERNING LAW. By entering, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. All participants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal or state courts located in Orange County, California.
7. WINNER LIST. For the names of the Sweepstakes winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request to: Brianna Morris, Emerald Expositions, 1145 Sanctuary Pkwy, Suite 355, Alpharetta, GA 30009. Winner list requests must be received by Sponsor by December 31, 2019. 8. SPONSOR. Emerald Expositions, LLC, 31910 Del Obispo, Suite 200, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675.
The Leading Kitchen And Bath Design Event!